Here you’ll find a future upgrades/updates for the N30 Deluxe Modeling Studio v4+. Please keep in mind that development is progressive and not planned which means you may not find development events too far into the future because we work towards completing the requested features and improvements before moving on to the next task.
v4.05 Monday January 11, 2010
- Added the ability to hide/show the control panel from the HUD. To use this feature, click the Ghost icon on your HUD and select Hide Controls from the menu.
- Made changes to the props permissions (Copy/Mod) and enabled prop sit settings for easier customization.
- Studio bypasses Skin loading on startup. To change the skin, select “Reset” from your home menu.
- Added additional EZ Lighting intensity. Clicking on the lightbulb on the control center will toggle through additional lighting intensity,radius,falloff presets. There were 4 and are now 10.
- Modified HUD Connection to allow connection while standing on the modeling table.
- New backgrounds available with more efficient loading scripts. (Use only with v4.05 and up)
- Studio scripts are now locked in through v4.1. Updates will be delivered via update boxes for minor version releases. Major updates will require new studio rezzing. (You won’t have to set up a new studio with every update!)
- Made prop engine reseller friendly! Now you can easily sell prop sets and load them by dropping in a notecard that starts with +PROP_ the default is +PROP_Default. You will now get a menu asking you which prop set you want to load. See the knowledgebase for instructions on how to resell props.
-Fixed issue where clicking on an expression caused script error when no one is on the modeling table.
-Fixed issue with layers being sent to canvas and vice versa when switching between modes. (HUD fixed also)
-Fixed issues with HUD causing layers to not function after choosing effects.
v4.04 Wednesday December 9, 2009
Critical Update (If you have 4.03)
- Less feedback (spam) when deleting duplicates. Now you are only told what the duplicates are one time After choosing to delete them you are told that the duplicates have been deleted and how many were deleted.Align button on studio also un-hides modeling table if it’s hidden.
- Scripts in modeling table only reset themselves in case you are using a rezzer script.
- Get a list of chat commands by clicking Help > Commands.
- Ability to disable layers. (++SETTINGS notecard)
- Ability to disable effects. (++SETTINGS notecard)
- Ability to disable props. (++SETTINGS notecard)
- Documentation updated at http://www.never30.org/kb to include instructions for creating and installing backgrounds.
- Ability to set a default skin in the ++SETTINGS notecard. This stops the studio from asking you to choose a skin when loading and resetting.
- Italian translation changes (Thank you Cristian Rexie).
- Ability to reset hue control to white. Click the color preview area to the right of the hue control. All colors will reset on shutdown (background, lights, layers).
- Quick Start Instructions sent in correct language (Click Home Menu and select Help > Instructions)
- Shutdown resets all colors and removes props.
- Props now die when a new prop is rezzed (configure in ++SETTINGS). You can set props to auto delete themselves or to stay put when another prop is rezzed in case you work with multiple props.
-Issue with setting security to ALL did not allow ALL to use it
-Fixed issue where clicking modeling table buttons yielded no results
-Adjusted canvas texture offset in background mode 2 for older, sliced backgrounds
-Fixed issue with Auto Background Mode displays “Texture Not Found” for new backgrounds after background mode 2 has been used.
v4.03 Tuesday December 1, 2009
- Language updates – added Portuguese (The SL Viewer in now in Portuguese!)
- Canvas “One-Click” default is off. Use the Home Menu to turn it on or set to owner
- Additional security implementations! Default security is set in the Settings notecard. Use the Home Menu to change during use. Modeling table follows studio security.
- The re-introduction of studio props! See documentation to learn how to add your own easily!
- Updated Documentation
- Improved HUD Communication
- More poses for male and female
- Permissions on scripts fixed to allow “Take Copy”
-Fixed issue where HUD favorites displayed favorites but did not send them to the canvas
-Fixed issue where modeling table buttons were not aligning
v4.02 Tuesday November 17, 2009 [Delayed for 11/18/09]
- Additional Skins will be Available (True Blue, Executive Blue, and Sea Blue)
- Added Additional Preset Lighting Configurations will add easy directional lighting for shadow portrait photography
- Improved Individual Lighting Controls (Pending feedback. No issues found in testing)
- HUD Feature Additions (Added first, last page for Layers and backgrounds, align table)
- Different Poses! (You asked for a different pose set for males/females, you’ll get it! We added a few with many more to follow! We’ll be replacing the entire pose set in an upcoming release.)
- Added First/Last Buttons for Background and Layer page navigation
- Added Page numbers for easier navigation
- Added channels for chat commands back into the studio. To use, click the home menu button, select “Maintenance”, then select “Channel”. Choose your desired channel. You can now type /2 pose posename to go directly to a pose. (Substitute /2 with your channel number).
- Optimized languages for faster loading
v4.01 Tuesday November 10, 2009
Significant Update (10 Improvements)
- Security Implementations – Major security implementations will be introduced into v4.0
- Security choices: All, Owner, Group, Access list for:
- HUD (Currently only the HUD is affected by security setting in your studio. We will add additional security soon)
- Skin Functionality Enabled
- Additional Skins – Basic White, Classic Black, and Silver
- Reset Menu now confirms reset type which are Settings, Language, and Skin. So now when resetting you can reset all or only one module which saves time. To load a new skin, you would drop the skin notecard into the studio, click the menu button and select Reset > Skin
- More effects – We’ll add more effects (Horizontal lines, Multicolor Confetti (not colorable), and Burst up)
- Added a shutdown button
- Modeling Table now Skins
- GUI Improvements
- Added 1 prim (now 70 prims which we will do our best to maintain 70 or less)
- No longer whispers that updates are not available with auto updates. If an update is available it will be indicated visually with a red circle in the top right corner of the Control Center and/or delivered to the owner upon checking which occurs every 24 hours.
Types of updates:
Changes were made that won’t effect most users daily operation of the studio. Most likely cosmetic changes and minor improvements.
Changes were made that were requested or planned and will effect your use of the studio. Most likely feature additions and improvements.
These are updates that most likely contain bug fixes where the studio was released with an error. We’ll avoid these if at all possible.
In this case, SL made some scripting changes which will make it impossible to operate features on your studio without updating. You’ll want to rez the newest version asap.